- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Staff
- City Financials
- City Town Statistics
- Works Information
A Bill has been passed by the Karnataka State Legislature to provide guarantee of services to citizens in the State of Karnataka within the stipulated time limit and for the matters connected therewith and incidental to. This Act is called the Karnataka Guarantee of Services Act, 2011.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW KGSC ACT-2011 WEBSITE LINK
Brief Introduction of Arasikere TMC:
* The Town Municipal Council(TMC) of Arasikere was constituted in 1947 It is situated along Bangalore-Honavara National Highway NH 206 at a distance of 170 KM from Bangalore Arasikere town is located in the South Indian State of Karnataka at around 170 KM from the state Capital Bangalore.
* Arasikere Town consists of 27 wards , 27 councilors .Arasikere Town has population of 45,166 according to 2001 census .
* Town stretches to an area of about 8.00 Sq KM . Arsikere is a town in Hassan district in the state of Karnataka. It is known for its coconut production and Malekallu Tirupathi hill. Arsikere is a major railway junction.
* The Malekallu Tirupathi hill has 1300 steps and its beleived that lord Rama had visited this place. Its the only place you can see a standing Venkateshwara idol other than famous Tirupati of Andhra Pradesh. There is a famous temple called Shri Lakshmi Venkataramana Swamy temple. One can also see a stone mantapa atop this hill.
* It is a central place for visit to places of tourist interest, like Belur (40 km), Halebidu (25 km) and Shravanabelagola (75 km).
* It was an important town during Hoysala rule and the name Arsikere comes from one of the princesses of the Hoysala dynasty, who built a big pond (kere in Kannada). Arasi means Queen in Kannada. Therefore, it is 'Arasiya+kere' which means 'princess-pond'
COMPUTARIZATION: We are very happy to intimate the citizens of Arasikere Town that we have computerizes the Birth and Death certificates from 1975 to till date under state Government KMRP computerization scheme, from now onwards citizens are requested to visit the office for registration and getting of Birth and Death certificates by paying service fee. Citizens are requested to make use of this facility.
Home Page Maintained & Designed by Raghu.P Junior Programmer